9 Steps to Creating an Information Coaching Product
If you have never written a book or developed a product before, creating a brand-new information product may seem downright daunting to you today. In this article, I will break down the steps to creating your own product to their rawest elements.
What is an information product? An information product teaches someone else how to do something you can do well. It can be in the form of a book, an ebook, an audio (CD) series, or a video series.
1) What can you do well, or know a lot about? You must first determine a topic for your product. Do you know how to help people boost their self-esteem; lose weight; find their passion; have successful relationships? Anything you can do well that could benefit others if they could too, is a great product.
2) Write down an outline of all the things you know about your topic. Literally everything.
3) Organize all the things from 2) into categories of information. For example, in the passion example, list steps that one can take to find their passion.
4) Under each category, list everything you know about those categories.
5) Start writing what you know. Do not worry about grammar or even spelling. You will catch all of that when you proof read. You want to write from your heart, sharing all the information you can. If you are constantly correcting yourself, you will find it difficult to keep writing as effectively.
6) If you really have a hard time starting the process of writing, think of each topic as an article. So write an article on each topic. When you have written an article on each topic, put them all together and you have your book.
7) You can use this same process for an audio or video—you will just be talking instead of writing. But you still need to write out the categories and topics, and write good notes so you cover everything.
8) Be sure and proof whatever you do, and have at least one other person read it. There is nothing more embarrassing than seeing your own mistake in print.
9) Pull it all together, find a publisher, create a PDF file, or record your product. Once you are satisfied with it, the hard work begins! Marketing!